cron.daily et al.

Hi,

There might be a problem with the  execution
of the cron.daily, cron.weekly, and cron.monthly :
An machines that don't run all day, these cron jobs  get
rarely executed.
For instance, I usually use my maschine only in the
evenings at home (i.e. later than 6 pm). But all cron
get executed at 6pm. Therefore these cron task get never
executed.

How about a (cron) job, that executed every time the
machine gets booted and that checks when the cron jobs
were executed for the last time. If these for were not
executed for say two days (weeks, months) then they
get executed regardless the actual hour, day, week of month.

What do you people think?

--jan

  Jan Camenisch
  Institut fuer theor. Informatik                  Tel. +41 1 632 7412
  ETH Zentrum, IFW                                 Fax. +41 1 632 1172
  CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland            e-mail: camenisch@inf.ethz.ch
  URL of my hompage           http://www.inf.ethz.ch/personal/camenisc