Re: Problems with 1.2 Install Disks

I suspect these problems have something to do with the Linux floppy
driver.  I have experienced problems reading the base floppies on one
Pentium laptop here at Pixar. I think it was _temperature_sensitive_
(it worked best when just turned on) but the BIOS and DOS/Windows95
floppy drivers had no problem. Other problems have been traced to the
cache and Cyrix CPUs, disabling the cache makes the machine slow as
molasses but the floppy works.

We might get some hint of what is going wrong by fiddling with the floppy
tune program (I think it's called "fdtune"). Any volunteers?

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Bruce Perens K6BP   Bruce@Pixar.com   510-215-3502