Re: your mail

On Thu, 16 Jan 1997, Thomas Tomiczek wrote:
>we have set up a router using a whole bunch of 3c509b-ethernet-cards
>(finally getting all recognized with a little kernel-patch). Now I have 2
>ICN 4B-cards in this mashine. We are running debian 1.2 with kernel
>2.0.27.
>
>I am unable to get the cards to load their firmware. I got a test-program
>from thinking objects, but still am unable to get a single location of
>shared memory for the card.
>
>All possible locations beside 0xb8000 report errors, and 0xb8000 seems to
>be the video-area.
>
>There is nothing in the box beside a Triton Motherboard, 6 3c509b-cards, a
>vga-adapter and the icn-cards. We run industrial hardware with a passive
>backlane with 14 isa-slots.
>
>I need to get this *mne* router working within the next week. Has anyone
>an idea?
[Please tell your mailer to really break the lines to 75 col's]

Did you try the PCI/PnP setup? Sometimes it's possible to exclude certain
memory areas from beeing reserved for Plug-and-Pray purposes.

You could also try isapnptools (see linux/drivers/sound/README for
location) to deconfigure all PnP components in case the Motherboard has PnP
BIOS.

Nils

--
     \              /                        | Nils Rennebarth
    --* WINDOWS 42 *--                       | Schillerstr. 61
   Micro$oft's final answer                  | http://www.nus.de/~nils