Re: How emulate a SUN keyboard in olvwm?

Dany Dionne wrote:

> we have olvwm in your debian box and we would be able to use the F keys
> (F1,F2,etc) to emulate the keys front,open,cut,copy,paste,help on a SUN
> keyboard. I think that i must edit the .Xmodmap file but i don't known
> what i must write in it.

Since I need F1 to 10 for the mc, I have put the four most important
SUN keys to F11 and F12:

.Xmodmap:
! F1=Help  (move pointer on panel, press F1 to show help on the item)
! F19=Find  (after having selected some text, press F2 to do a search)
! F20=Cut   (select text, press F3 to move text into clipboard)
! F16=Copy  (select text, press F4 to copy text into clipboard)
! F18=Paste (insert text from clipboard at caret position)
!
keycode 0x5F =  F20             F20             F19             F19
keycode 0x60 =  F18             F18             F16             F16

This means F11=Cut, Alt-F11=Find, F12=Paste, Alt-F12=Copy.
All SUN keys are recognized as F15 to F25 so you can address them in a
similar
way.

Best wishes -- Volker