Re: updating packages with dpkg

>> What I want is a way comparing what is currently installed (dpkg -l) with
>> what is available on my local mirror.
>
>I believe the package you are looking for is dftp (not to be confused
>with dpkg-ftp).

Hmm, I think you're correct.  It seems pretty bare bones but it will
hopefully do the trick :)

One question: If I have packages in /debian and I want to update to newer
packages with dftp do I need to have the packages in /debian organised into
the same heirarchy are they are on ftp.debian.org?  Or can they all just be
thrown into on big dir?

Thanks,

Adam.

-------------------- Earthlight Communications Limited -------------------
P.O. Box 5301	         Adam Shand    	      (fax) +64 3 477 5463
Dunedin, New Zealand    Systems Manager	   (voice) +64 3 479 0303
--------------- http://www.earthlight.co.nz/homepage.html ----------------