Re: updating packages with dpkg

On Jan 16, larry@earthlight.co.nz (Adam Shand) wrote:
> What I want is a way comparing what is currently installed (dpkg -l) with
> what is available on my local mirror.

I believe the package you are looking for is dftp (not to be confused
with dpkg-ftp).

Steve Greenland

--
The Mole - I think, therefore I scream

"I saw _Lassie_. It took me four shows to figure out why the hairy kid
 never spoke. I mean, he could roll over and all that, but did that
 deserve a series?"
[The awful movie EXPLORERS -- the stand-up alien]