Re: Is Linux much easier to install on 68k or PPC?

    Hamish> I think you're overlooking the Cyrix unfairly. A Cyrix
    Hamish> 6x86-P166 costs about 1/3rd of the price of a Pentium 166
    Hamish> here in Australia, and according to the benchmarks,
    Hamish> integer performance exceeds the Intel chip.

Sorry, I did indeed overlook the Cyrix.  Nothing against it!

    Hamish> Intel's prices are extortion in comparison.

Agreed!

    Hamish> To date, AMD K5 chips are only available in fairly low
    Hamish> speeds, Pentium 100 equivalent or so. Pentium 100 seems to
    Hamish> be a little below entry level here now.

Yeah, I hate to admit it, but not long ago I naively purchased a
133Mhz AMD.  I wasn't too pleased when I read in my motherboard manual
that this is equivalent to a 100Mhz Intel Pentium!  Let the buyer
beware.

--
Nathan L. Cutler
Linux Enthusiast