Re: How do access hda, fd0, etc. ?

    >> In Debian linux, I have certian files that I down-loaded via. a
    >> terminal emulator in dos, and it is on my dos partition, which
    >> is hda.  How do I access this drive and my flopply drive fd0 in
    >> linux?

    Gieg> You need to mount these partitions. You can use some empty
    Gieg> directory to use as mount point. If these directories
    Gieg> doesn't exist, create them with mkdir.

Since I discovered the 'mtools' package, I haven't had occasion to
mount an msdog-formatted floppy.  I highly recommend it: just insert
the floppy and go, switch floppies at will, just like on msdog.  I
even noticed not long ago that it automagically recognizes and deals
with 2m formats (e.g., 1743Kb floppies that are just as stable as the
classic 1440Kb format).  Hats off to the developers!

--
Nathan L. Cutler
Linux Enthusiast