Re: problem compiling kernel using make-kpkg

> I have problem to compile the Linux kernel 2.0.28 using make-kpkg,
> here is a part of the screen dump, it didn't happen when I compiled
> 2.0.26

This is because the behaviour of GNU expr regexps in shellutils 1.14 has
changed to be more POSIX-like, AND 2.0.28 has started using a different
method to configure the sound driver which uses expr to parse the base
address / irq.

Fix: Edit scripts/Configure, find the lines using expr in the functions
hex and int, put a backslash in front of the + or the ? you find in the
expr line.

Jon.