Re: PEX? XIE?

In your email to me, Ricardo Aler Mur, you wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Jan 1997, Tim Sailer wrote:
>
> > Oh... sorry. Well, in /etc/X11/XF86Config, there is a section
> > called 'Modules' that is commented out. You have to uncomment
> > the start and end lines, and add in the appropriate 'load' lines.
> > I'll have to get to a mcahine with X11 loaded, and I'll mail the
> > correct lines. And, you have to have loaded the pex and xie modules
> > with dselect...
>
> Would you e-mail these lines to me too, please?

OK... in
Section "Files"

uncomment the line
ModulePath "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"

This precludes the need for an explicit path in the 'Load' commands.

Next, uncomment

Section "Module"

and, a few lines down, the

EndSection

Add the following lines before the EndSection:

Load "pex5.so"
Load "xie.so"

The whole section should look something vaguely like this:

[clip here]------------------------------------------------------------

ModulePath "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"

EndSection

# **********************************************************************
# Module section -- this is an optional section which is used to specify
# which dynamically loadable modules to load.  Dynamically loadable
# modules are currently supported only for Linux ELF, FreeBSD 2.x
# and NetBSD 1.x.  Currently, dynamically loadable modules are used
# only for some extended input (XInput) device drivers.
# **********************************************************************
#
Section "Module"
#
# This loads the module for the Joystick driver
#
# Load "xf86Jstk.so"
Load "pex5.so"
Load "xie.so"
#
EndSection

If you need any more help, email me back, and I'll do what I can.

Tim

--
 (work) sailer@bnl.gov / (home) tps@buoy.com - http://www.buoy.com/~tps
              I can't change the direction of the wind,