Repeat search in dselect

Just to add my tuppence to the religious wars on the use of \ for repeat
search in dselect, please note that \ is one of those odd characters that
isn't in the same place on all keyboards. Consequently, most people in the
U.K., for example, who've just installed debian from scratch, will have to
try and find \ while sitting in a dselect screen.

While I was slightly non-plussed (or non-\ed!) about not configuring the
keyboard during floppy installation (which used to come just before the
timezone), I was more surprised that the kbd package (required base)
didn't query about it when it was installed. (At this stage, most
beginners probably won't have wanted to search in dselect, but just
accepted its initial suggestion.)

Do you think this should be added to the kbd installation script?

David.
--
David Wright, Open University, Earth Science Department, Milton Keynes
MK7 6AA, U.K.     Tel: +44 1908 653 739     Fax: +44 1908 655 151