RE: Need information from people who have had problems with boot

I would like to point out that I have finally managed to produce a working
Debian installation on my Thinkpad 365XD.  I found the 1.1 diskset on
ftp.infomagic.com and installed the base system from those.  The 1.1 disks have
no trouble booting the Thinkpad (though I have had no luck whatsoever booting
with the 1.2 disks).  I then pointed dselect to the iConnect 1.2 CD that I had
purchased and worked from there.  I no longer see the 1.1 distribution on
ftp.debian.org - would it not be a good idea to keep it?

Paul

On 07-Jan-97 bruce@pixar.com wrote:
>>Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> is building a new boot disk set while
>I am out cleaning up after a flood in my home and have no working
>computers. I know there are a number of people who have had trouble
>booting for various reasons, and Dale does not have any of the feedback
>you gave me. Please send him information on what drivers hang up your
>system, etc.
>
>	Thanks
>
>	Bruce
>--
>Bruce Perens K6BP   Bruce@Pixar.com
>Finger bruce@master.Debian.org for PGP public key.
>PGP fingerprint = 88 6A 15 D0 65 D4 A3 A6  1F 89 6A 76 95 24 87 B3
>
>--

Paul Rightley                     DX-3 Hydrodynamics, MS P940
Los Alamos National Laboratory    Los Alamos, NM 87545
Phone: (505)667-0460              Fax: (505)665-3359
Email: Paul Rightley <pright@lanl.gov>