PCMCIA problem

Hello,

  I am tring to instal Debian 1.2 in a laptop, everythins goes ok
until I try to load the module of my PCMCIA card (the 3c589_cs).

The program ansewers:

  "Can't locate module 3c589_cs"

The same happend for any PCMCIA module.

In order to solve this problem I opened an other sehel an I add
the line:

  path[pcmcia]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/pcmcia

in

  /etc/conf.modules

then it says:

  "No dependancy information for module
                               /lib/modules/2.0.27/pcmcia/3c589_cs.o"

then I execute:

  depmod -a

and it says:

  "Instalation succeeded"

and the rest goes ok.

When I reboot the system it loads the module but the net does no work!

Why?

           Jose