Re: New install

On Tue, 14 Jan 1997, Fundamental wrote:

> I sat down today to do what i have done many times before, setup a debian
> box.  I started the boot process, got to the "partition a hard disk"
> section and got the error that debian could not detect a hard disk.
>
> Anyway around this?
>
> The machine has a scsi disk with an adaptec controller.

I'm assuming a Adaptec 2940, right?  I don't think the normal boot disk
kernel works with the 2940, only the 2740, 2840's, even though it says so.
I know this USED TO BE THE CASE.  It may not be now.  Special kernel
images were needed for 1.1, maybe still true with 1.2?

--
                              Daniel Stringfield
         mailto:servo@southeast.net http://users.southeast.net/~servo