Re: Scanner software recomendations ?

"Stan" == Stan Brown <stanb@netcom.com> writes:

Stan> I am looking for a software package to use to interface am HP
Stan> scanner to my Debian system.

If its a HP scanner, you can use hpscanpbm, a command-line based
acquisition tool in the graphics directory.  You just need a
Linux-supported SCSI card and a kernel with support for scsi-generic
devices (I'm not sure if the Debian kernels support this).

---------------------  PGP  E4 70 6E 59 80 6A F5 78  63 32 BC FB 7A 08 53 4C

   __ _   Debian/GNU          Johnie Ingram <johnie@netgod.net>      mm   mm
  / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __       System Administrator at Large         mm mm
/ /__| | | | | |_| |>  <      Those who do not understand UNIX       mm   mm
\____/_|_| |_|\__,_/_/\_\     are doomed to repeat it, poorly.       GO BLUE