Arghh.. Problems with install.

Alright, I'm attempting to install Debian. (That's good right?) Well,
I've encountered my first problem. When I boot with the Rescue disk, I
get all the error messages probes etc, that it's supposed to do. Then it
comes to what I'm sure it's not supposed to do. When it gets to the point
where it says

RAMDISK:Compressed image found at block 0

it then continues with these error messages

Couldn't get a free page.....
out of memoryVFS:mounted root(minix filesystem)
init:cache '/etc/ld.so.cache' is corrupt

and then NOTHING. That's it frozen solid. Ctrl-Alt-Delete reboots and if
you leave it in it does the same exact thing. I've tried using different
disks to no avail, they all seem to do it.

I've got a 386DX/33 manufactured by Zeos computers. With 4M RAM and a
130MB ST1144AT HD. Mediavision Jazz chipset based soundcard integrated
with a Future domain TMC8XX SCSI controller and 2x CD-ROM. The error
message is the same whether or not I include the boot flag
"tmc8xx=0xce000,11" or not. I also have a Diamond Stealth VRAM SVGA card.
1.44 and 1.2 meg floppies.

The boot images I'm using are from ftp.debian.org and are the most
current set at this time, I downloaded 'em just tonight. Any insights
into the problem would be appreciated, maybe someone else has had a
similar experience.