Re: Diald Problems....

> From: Philippe Troin <phil@fifi.org>
> To: Kevin Traas <ktraas@uniserve.com>
> Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: Diald Problems....
> Date: Monday, January 13, 1997 10:38 AM
>
> On Mon, 13 Jan 1997 09:46:18 PST "Kevin Traas" (ktraas@uniserve.com)
> wrote:
>
> > So, I'm quite happy in that things are working; however, I feel I
should be
> > concerned about the "PPP network layer died, but link did not. Probable
> > configuration error." messages and how the sequence repeats 3 or 4
> > times....
>
> I've got this message from time to time too. But it works anyways...
> Really I don't know where it comes from... But it should cause any
problem.

Okay.  Thanks for the info....

> Now, you might want to remove the debug command from the diald.options,
otherwise your logfiles will grow very quickly...

No worries there!  <grin>  As soon as things are working properly I'll be
"yanking" that option.  My messages file is already close to 500K....

Can I ask you a question on how best to set up DNS in this situation, or
should I repost (with different subj) to the list?

Thanks again for your help,

Kevin Traas
Systems Analyst
Edmondson Roper Chartered Accountants