Re: Cyrix 5x86 100 with Linux?

According to Jim Blaney:

> Anyone having any success getting Linux to run with Cyrix 5x86 100
> Mhz processors? I am having trouble, and I've seen a few messages
> that imply there are problems, so I want to know whether I'm trying
> to do the impossible <g>.

According the the latest(?) Linux Hardware Compatibility HOWTO (v6969,
14 November 1995) the Cyrix CPU is supported.  Apparently, there were
some problems with some older chips and earlier versions of the
kernel.
	o What type of problems are you having?

	o Where did you see messages about problems with the Cyrix CPU
	  and what were the reported problems?

Also, does anyone have a copy of a later version of the Hardware-HOWTO?
Just checked tsx-11 and this was the latest from there.
--
 \ Carl Greco           PHONE voice: (402) 496-3381 /