Re: Debian dselect question

>No, you should enter /cdrom/Debian-1.1.8, not indices.

Sounds logical, but dselect still didn't work.

The screen output is something like this:

| Insert the CD-ROM and enter the block device name [] __/dev/sonycd__
| ISO9660 Extensions: RRIP_1991A
|
| All directory names should be entered relative to the root of the CD-ROM.
|
| I would like to know where on the CD-ROM the top level of the Debian
| distribution is - this will usually contain the Packages-Master file.
|
| .
| . [more text]
| .
|
| Distribution top level? [none] __/cdrom/Debian-1.1.8__
| /cdrom/Debian-1.1.8/stable/binary-i386 does not exist
|
| .
| . [repeat of above]
| .

My input has the underlines around it. By the way, I also tried mounting the
CD-ROM drive first, before loading dselect.

How do I convince dselect I don't need the non-existant 'stable' directory
on my CD-ROM?

Robin