Re: improvements

Ralph Winslow writes:

> When Kendrick Myatt, et. al. wrote, I replied:
>
> IMHO X deserves a heading of its own. Perhaps TEX/Ghost*/(the package
> that handles MIME)/etc. need an area as they cut across printer/X.

I proposed the above catagories, and I said that it wasn't "set in concrete"
8-) The key here is the catagory (what ever it is) must be application
oriented. IMHO, X windows are not an application, rather X windows are an
extension to the OS and as such, you run X windows applications in that
extension. Keep in mind that I am only referring to Xbase, Xlib, Xfonts, &
Xserver as Xwindows - not XQuake, or XV, or any other application which would
require the basic Xwindows.
Try to think in terms of the DOS user who installs DOS and then adds his/her
favorite application(s) (be it word processing, or anti-virus utility, or
printing program for making labels, etc. etc.)

--
-= Sent by Debian 1.2 Linux =-
Thomas Kocourek  KD4CIK