Re: A proposal to improve dselect

>>>>> "Pete" == Pete Templin <templin@bucknell.edu> writes:

Pete> On Sat, 11 Jan 1997, Jonas Bofjall wrote:

>> No, this is wrong. A new user should not have to read long
>> documents prior to installation. The configure scripts which runs
>> directly after the installation should make reading docs
>> unnecessary.

Pete> I disagree.  You should understand what you are doing.  If you
Pete> don't even want to know what is going and how you are to use it,
Pete> what is the point of having it?  Bragging to your friends?

I think both of you have valid points.  It is clear that there is a
compromise to be reached.  The installation scripts should ``remind''
user of important features while some document reading are necessary
before the extensive use of a package.

--
Billy C.-M. Chow <cmchow@se.cuhk.edu.hk>
Department of Systems Engineering