Re: How? Upgrade from Debian-1.1 to 1.2

On Fri, 10 Jan 1997, Le Tran wrote:

> I want to upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2 beginning with the base package.
> Would anyone show me how to do it? TIA.

Check out the upgrades directory. The script DoList uses base.list-1.2 to
upgrade the base packages. You should be able to extrapolate the
functionality to your own lists (look at devel.list-1.2 for other
examples). DoList depends on the list being in the proper order to satisfy
the dependencies involved, so the order of the list is extremely
important.
With the base packages installed you should have no problems using dselect
to upgrade the rest of the system.
Note: all the base packages are found in section base, under binary-i386.

Luck,

Dwarf