Re: Thinking of switching to Debian

On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, Dave Williams wrote:

> If I install the base system (just the four floppies), will I be able to
> dial in to my ISP and, using TIA or SLiRP, use the dselect ftp method to
> get the packages I need? If not, what further must I download?

Well, you get ppp in the base system and dpkg-ftp as well. If you followed
the directions properly when setting up your DNS, and put commas in the
list of name servers, you will need to remove the commas before the name
lookup will work properly. Given that this is fixed, you will have no
problems with dselect's ftp method.

Luck,

Dwarf