Re: FTP install and PPP/SLIP

On Thu, 9 Jan 1997, Troy M. Lubbers wrote:

> Alright, I've seen this question several times. Once before I was the one
> asking it. But I have yet to get an answer to it. I THINK that I want to
> install Debian. Partially because the option of installing off of an FTP
> server sounds very enticing, but I have a SLIP/PPP connection. Now does the
> base system disk set come with a way to do this? i.e. dip, pppd, etc, TIA
> Slirp whatever, or is there another package or set of packages you must
> download prior to attempting to install?

Yes, the base comes with pppd, which you can use to connect to your ISP,
and then download the rest of your packages through dselect.  You might
also want download netstd package which contains all the standard net
utilities (FTP, dip, etc.)

__
Proudly running Debian Linux! Linux vs. Windows is a no-Win situation....
Igor Grobman                                             igor@vaca.net