X11 and keymaps on debian 1.2

I've just upgraded from 1.1.something to 1.2 and I have a problem in
getting a usable keymap.

Before upgrading, there was no problem. The machine booted up with
danish keyboard as expected and this was repected also after starting
X.

However now, even though it still boots up nicely with a danish
keymap, X now provides a US layout. I could of course fix it with
xmodmap but that shouldn't really be necessary I hope.

I should perhaps metion that in the process of upgrading, I managed to
almost toast my installation by purging the obsoleted package `base'
(looked like a predecessor to `base_files'), so it is possible that
something has been reset somewhere (since I rescued the situation from
the base disk set possibly using a US keyboard).

Christian Lynbech          | Computer Science Department, University of Aarhus
Office: R0.32              | Ny Munkegade, Building 540, DK-8000 Aarhus C
Phone: +45 8942 3218       | lynbech@daimi.aau.dk -- www.daimi.aau.dk/~lynbech