Re: Maintaining multiple Debian boxes

Ben Gertzfield scripsit:
|Ick. :) Yes, that would be slow on a slow net. I've heard wonderful
|things about a Linux distribution out there that will cache NFS files
|on a local hard drive, but I forget which it is. There must be some
|way to to it and save bandwidth...

Well, think about it from a different perspective: you have local
disks which are now almost always in the Gb range for new PCs, why use
NFS? It is much faster to have the system on the local disk. The
question is: how do I upgrade and maintain them in sync, even NFS
isn't perfect. Upgrading breaks machines, almost inevitably...

Arrigo