Re: debian sendmail

On Tue, 07 Jan 1997 15:37:04 CST Timothy Phan (tphan@asl.dl.nec.com)
wrote:

>   Can anyone here tell me why the
>     sendmail -bd -q90m
>   take about 1 to 2 minutes to complete?  Did I not specify
>   hostname/NIS/whatnot correctly, or something?

Difficult to guess. It could be. You can see where the process hangs by:
1) doing a ps -l, and see which WCHAN is hanging (or if you get digits under WCHAN, then read the psudpate manpage)
-or-
2) starting sendmail prefixed with strace to get a full list of of the system calls used by sendmail, and you'll see where it hangs.

Phil.