smail config is trashed

I am running smail as my local mail agent and fetchmail to pull from my
ISP.  It was working fine, but I think I have a typo in the config file,
because fetchmail -v fails with the following error:

+OK message 1 (3062 octets):
reading message 1
.SMTP< in.smtpd: /etc/smail/config: parse error: expected `=' after
attribute name
fetchmail: SMTP connect failed
> QUIT

Here is my config file:

# This is the main Smail configuration file.
# It was originally generated by `smailconfig', part of the Smail
package
# distributed with Debian, but it may edited by the mail system
administrator.
# It was originally generated by smailconfig at Sat Dec 14 12:55:07 EST
1996
# Please modify the above line, if you change this file by hand.
# See smailconf(5) for details of the things that can be configured
here.

visible_name=cl-sys.com
-domains
hostnames=Ratbert:cl-sys.com

from_field From: robmacw@cl-sys.com
max_load_ave=5
smtp_accept_max=20
smtp_accept_queue=10
rfc1413_query_timeout=15

trusted_users -trusted
require_configs
-second_config_file
-qualify_file
-retry_file
copying_file=/usr/doc/smail/copyright
max_message_size=10M

received_field="Received: \
    ${if def:sender_host\
       {from $sender_host ${if def:sender_host_addr
([$sender_host_addr]) }}\
       {${if def:sender_host_addr:from [$sender_host_addr] }}}\
    by $primary_name\n\t\
    ${if def:sender_proto: with $sender_proto }\
    ${if def:ident_sender:(ident $ident_sender using $ident_method) }\
    id $message_id\n\t\
    (Debian $version_string); $spool_date"

My local login name is rob, and since I also use root occasionally to
send mail, hard coding the from_field is the easiest way to go.

I think the error is in the from_field, but I can't be sure.  I've tried

from_field=From: robmacw@cl-sys.com,
from_field="From: robmacw@cl-sys.com"

none of these seem to work.  If I need to supply more info, no problem.
Thanks.

--
Less is more; more or less.