Re: A proposal to improve dselect

Over the last year, I've done many installations and upgrades of
debian using dselect.  During that time, I've learned how to use it --
and I find it quite comfortable use.  What you are used to is easy, I
guess.  Since we seem to be picking on dselect's user interface again,
I wish it had more "emacs-like" key bindings, but it's a marvelous
tool as it is, IMHO.

Whatever happens to dselect, I would hate to have it move to X, which
is not the first thing I want to figure out with a new machine, or to
any interface that _makes_ me take my hands off the keyboard.  Just
another data point.