Problem with 3c509b

Hello.

I need to get a router running on the base of LINUX and decided to use the Debian Distribution.

I should mention that I am complety new to Linux.

I have problems to get 3c509-cards to cooperate.

I need to get 6 cards running in one system.

We have a 19" industrial board with 13 usable ISA-Slots, so that is not the Problem.

My Problems are:
- what are the exact kernel-changes I have to do to get 6 eth-interfaces?
- what are the exact parameters I need to set in lilo.conf to get the cards installed? I do not want to use modules, because this is sort of a nether to be changed system.

I was unable to get more than 2 cards installed sofar, this by inserting
-> append="ether=0,0,eth1" in lilo.conf. Nethertheless I was unable to get a third card recognized.

Can anyone help?

Regards in advance
Thomas Tomiczek
System Administrator