Re: Dual-Boot on a non-sys disk

> Now I have someone that wants to install a dual-boot win'95/Linux system,
> but the only available hard drive space is on drive E: (a new gig drive).
> Can I just set it to a boot disk in the BIOS, repartition the new drive and
> pray that it works?  Or do i need to install it to the C: drive?

You can install Linux wherever you want. To boot it up you will use
a boot manager (such as LiLo - Linux Loader) or you'll boot from a floppy
disk which is configured to mount the root file system in any hard disk
you have (for example, /dev/hdb2 - the second partition of your second
IDE drive, could be your DOS E: drive).

Good luck.

E.-

--