Re: rawrite under nt - bad things happen...

On Tue, 17 Dec 1996 David_Oswald@prenhall.com wrote:

>      RAWRITE2.EXE actually locks my NT box up solid! Goes straight to a
>      blue screen with the white letters telling me some message... got to
>      push the red button...

David,

I ran RAWRITE2 on my NT 4.0 Workstation with no problems.  Just to make
life easier, I created a shortcut on my desktop to a rawrite.bat file that
looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\Utility\rawrite2.exe" -f %1 -d A: -n

that way I can drag a file (like base14-1.bin) from Windows NT Explorer
and drop it on the icon and off it goes.  I did nothing special in
creating the shortcut.  The target looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\Utility\RAWRITE.BAT" %1

And it runs fine.

Hope this helps.

Don

-----
Don Prezioso               Ashland University          Phone: (419) 289-5015
System Programmer/Analyst  401 College Avenue      E-mail: dprez@ashland.edu
Administrative Computing   Ashland, OH  44805  http://www.ashland.edu/~dprez