is it me or deselect?

First - my apologies to all those working so hard
on the bleeding edge, for questions relating to an
old version.

1) Deselect keeps showing me that the kernel-source-
2.0.6.deb is available (after repeated Packages updates).
Of course it won't download because it's not there.
I've gotten the tar from sources, but that's not the
same as a deb file (as we've all been warned). I'd
prefer to install from a deb through dselect or dpkg.
I depend on my Linux machines so I'd like to stick with
2.0.6 until a bit after the 1.2 release. Is there a
-2.0.6.deb available anywhere by ftp?

2) Packages are listed at the top of dselect (when it's
started) as available upgrades. However, some of these
depend on newer packages (such as libc5) that are not
yet in stable. Therefore, there is no way to make
deselect happy while pointed to the stable ftp directory.

Suggestions?

Otherwise, as Alan Greenspan would say, I'm "irrationally
exuberant" about debian. Thanks in advance. JohnT

--
This message was delayed because the list mail delivery agent was down.