Re: Mounting a file as a filesystem

Dale Scheetz said:
> If you use loop devices at all you will certainly want more than one. My
> system has loop0 thru loop7.

As does mine. 'MAKEDEV loop' creates them all (at least, it did on my Debian
1.1 system).

> This would allow your mount to look like:
>
> mount -o loop=/dev/loop2 -t ext2 /path/to/file /mount/point

That works too. My way (mount -o loop -t ext2 ...) make mount choose the first
available loop device. If you need to know which specific loop device is being
used, Dale's way is better.

--
Scott Barker
Linux Consultant

[ I try to reply to all e-mail within 3 days. If you don't   ]
[ get a response by then, I probably didn't get your e-mail. ]
[ Unsolicited commercial and junk e-mail will be proof-read for US$100 ]

"A man sometimes devotes his life to a desire which he is not sure will ever
   be fulfilled.  Those who laugh at this folly are, after all, no more than
   mere spectators of life."
   - Ryunosuke Akutagawa

--
This message was delayed because the list mail delivery agent was down.