Re: mpeg_play, can't load libXt.so.6

>> The libraries libXt.* are in '/usr/X11R6/lib/'. I tried to make
>> symbolic links to then 'ln -s /usr/X11R6/lib/libXt.so.6' ... , but
>> the same message appears after trying to run mpeg_play.
>>
>> Can you help me?

Spineux> As root add the line "/usr/X11R6/lib" to "/etc/ld.so.conf"
Spineux> then run "ldconfig"

Thanks!  That solves a similar problem I had with metafont.  Now the
question is, why does emacs and others manage to find libXt.so.6
without the addition in /etc/ld.so.conf?

Regards,

--
Billy C.-M. Chow
Department of Systems Engineering