Re: How do I upgrade from 1.1 to 1.2?

Regarding this discussion...

I still do not understand the mechanics of upgrading my 1.1 distribution to 1.2
Assuming I get dpkg-ftp to work, when I fire up dselect, what do I need to do
to upgrade ALL of the various packages I have installed?  I am concerned
regarding all of the security updates - do I need to read all of them and then
upgrade each package individually?  I have not really found any documentation
to this point.

Thanks for any help provided

Paul

On 05-Dec-96 Rick Macdonald wrote:
>>On Wed, 4 Dec 1996, Eloy A. Paris wrote:
>
>!Hola!
>
>> I am sorry if I ask a couple of dumb questions...
>
>No such thing!  ;-)
>>
>> 1) When 1.2 is released, will it be named 1.2 or 1.3? I thought
>> odd revision numbers were for stable releases and even ones for development
>> releases (I guess this was a side effect after a wrong version of Debian
>> was put on CD, I think originally it was the opposite was: odd for
>> development and even for stable)
>
>What you describe is for Linux Kernel versions, not Linux distributions.
or whatever it's called when it's released)