Re: XFree86 3.2??

> > XFree 3.2 is in the new unstable tree: /pub/debian/bo/binary-i386/x11
> >
> > I recently upgraded to 3.2 and it hasn't crashed on me yet :)
> >

> Hello,
>
> 	I just want to make sure that I'm doing this right.  I just downloaded
> from the above site what I believe to be everything I need to upgrade from
> XFree86 3.1.2 to 3.2.  Now, do I just do, as root, type
> "dpkg -i <package_name.deb>"

Yes, that's all you need. That is, if <package-name> doesn't depend on
any uninstalled packages. If it does, you'll need to also type
  dpkg -i <other-needed-package.deb>

Notice, also, that dpkg -i needs a filename as second argument, not
a package name.

Oh, and I also always keep my fingers crossed while dpkg does it's job,
although this isn't really neccecary, and often results in typing
errors.

--
joost witteveen
            joost@rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl