Re: Debian quirks?

On Tue, 20 Aug 1996, Vebjoern Forsmo wrote:

> /tmp
> Several programs seems to prefer /tmp over /var/tmp.  I have a 30MB /
> partition, and only about 10MB space free on /tmp.   This didn't work very
> well while trying to restore a 50MB file from taper.  (I've now mounted
> 100MB on /tmp to avoid the problem.)

I've got several machines that install with an absurdly small root or
/tmp partition.  What I usually to is blow away /tmp, and replace it
with a link to /usr/tmp or /var/tmp depending on the machine.

Sherwood Botsford |Unsolicited email that advertises commercial
Physics Dept      |activities will consitute a request for
U of Alberta      |spellchecking of all words of less than three
Edmonton, AB,     |characters.  I charge $US500 for this service.
T6G 2J1		  |There is no warranty of correctness of this service.