Re: installation notes

Guy Maor wrote:
:
: On Wed, 12 Jun 1996, Sebastian Kuzminsky wrote:
: >    The Packages files not always up to date.  This causes the dselect
: > tool to think version X of a particular package is available from the
: > ftp server, when in reality the package available is X+epsilon.  This
: > causes dselect to try to retrieve a non-existing file, and it fails.
: >    This in turn causes some dependencies to fail.
:
: The scripts that update Packages run every day at about noon, PDT.  I
: typically install packages in the evenings, so you're right that the
: files are not always up-to-date.

Woah ... could you post that script?  (Since I not always get a new
Package file if I fetched a new package and since I don't want to fetch
all the updated *deb files only for the sake of a synced Package file.)

Heiko
public pgp : finger heiko@sax.sax.de
fingerprint: A1 7D F6 7B 69 73 48 35  E1 DE 21 A7 A8 9A 77 92