linux v2.0: networking & sendmail changes?

I read the Changes file in the distribution of linux-2.0
There are some comments about the networking setup and sendmail filelocking.
Do they affect debian users?

(1) Networking:
	They suggest replacing 'route add -net 127.0.0.1' with
	'route add -net 127.0.0.0' in the network files.
	I found:
		ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1
		route add 127.0.0.1
	in my /etc/init.d/network file. Is this okay?

(2) Sendmail:
	Something about file-locking conventions. Does the debian
	sendmail package obey this? I remember something unconventional
	about the debian package.

--Derek Lee