Re: installing with the new floppies

On Wed, 05 Jun 1996 21:58:07 +0200, Pino Smith <pino@deselby.xs4all.nl> wrote:

>I fetched the new disks (June 2nd version) and they do not seem to
>work as they should. Here is my report.
>
> + module configuration (most remarks are trivial ...):
>
>  fs   - binfmt_java and ufs lack an explanation
>  ipv4 - there is just one module called `*', no explanation.
>  misc - serial lacks explanation
>
>  ... but this is not:
>
>  net - no modules are detected; however modprobe from the shell seems
>        to detect the network modules. I had this problem with the
>        previous version as well.

I have the same problems. Choosing the net menu point
for a moment I see 'Segmentation fault' and I'm not able to choose any
net module. For 'lp' module everything work OK.

At time zone configuration I cannot see what I'm typing.

After rebooting the sytems works well but no net driver so the network
is unreachable.

I boot with boot1440.bin.

Thank you for any kind of help.

Attila