Re: ntex with Debian?

On Thu, 14 Mar 1996, Buddha Buck wrote:

> Debian does have a TeX distribution which I at least have been very
> happy with.  What are the differences/advantages of ntex?

For me at least, the main disadvantage of Debian's TeX distribution is
its lack of ArabTeX, which Slackware's TeX (which I believe is NTeX)
did have.

(I probably will package up ArabTeX for Debian at some point, but I'm
not promising anything, as I've got finals coming up. There's also the
issue of the author's copyright on the package, which might stop it
going in the main Debian distribution.)

Owen
--
Caius College, Cambridge CB2 1TA, UK                   <osd1000@cam.ac.uk>