Re: ntex with Debian?

Mark Philips (mark@maths.flinders.edu.au) writes:

> Are there any problems with mixing non-debian software with a debian
> system?

Not really.  The recommended procedure would be to place it under
/usr/local, and not in the non-local directory structure.

> For example, if I moved to debian, I would want to keep using the ntex
> distribution of tex which I am very happy with, but to my knowledge, it
> is not a debian package.  Would there be any problem with doing this?

I don't think so, as long as ntex will happily live in /usr/local.
Debian does have a TeX distribution which I at least have been very
happy with.  What are the differences/advantages of ntex?

--
     Buddha Buck                   phaedrus@future.dreamscape.com
"She was infatuated with their male prostitutes, whose members were