Re: Color-ls package nearly ready for release, but I need...

Syrus Nemat-Nasser writes:

> (1) Can someone give me the proper syntax for making a symolic link
> 	for a command with options:  specifically, i need to link the
> 	expression vdir to 'ls -li' because the color-ls patch consolidates
> 	dir, vdir, and ls into one binary.  I tried ln -s 'ls -li' vdir,
> 	but did not get the desired effect.

I don't think you can.
Wouldn't it be enough to link vdir to ls?  I would think that if it were
consolidated like this, it would check what it was called as.

--
Carl Streeter                   |  "Etiquette-wise, there is no proper time
streeter@cae.wisc.edu           |    to use the phrase 'It sucks.'" --Dogbert