Disappeared partition

I have two disks in my PC. The second one (slave) is partitioned:

     /dev/hdb1 .... DOS (D:)
     /dev/hdb2 .... Linux (/usr/local)

When I decided to install Debian GNU/Linux, I changed /dev/hdb1 to linux
partition and save old Slackware distribution on it. When I was ascertain
that Debian distribution is better, I turned /dev/hdb1 back to DOS partition.
I seems that I made something wrong bacause partition /dev/hdb2 disappeared.
Is there a way to bring /usr/local back?

Regards.
		Zlatko

Dr. Zlatko Rek                      |         Phone:+386 61 177 3746
Jozef Stefan Institute              |               +386 61 177 3900
National Supercomputing Centre      |         Fax:  +386 61 219 385
Jamova 39, P.O.BOX 100              |         E-mail:zlatko.rek@nsc.ijs.si
SI-1001 Ljubljana, SLOVENIA         |         http://www2.ijs.si/~rek/