Re: wrong permissions at ftp.debian.org

Michael D. Harnois writes:

> Why does stuff keep showing up in private/project/Incoming with the
> permissions set so that ordinary joes like me can't download it? I've been
> waiting with bated breath for the update to mh ... now it's there ... but I
> can't get at it ...

Mostly so that it can be verified before download.  The stuff that shows up
there that is world readable is sent via another method (not straight FTP
transfers.  an FTP to a site in Europe, then an rcp) that is more reliable
in some instances.

--
Carl Streeter                   |  "Etiquette-wise, there is no proper time
streeter@cae.wisc.edu           |    to use the phrase 'It sucks.'" --Dogbert