Re: Ctrl-Alt-Del problem

On Tue, 5 Mar 1996, Bruce Perens wrote:

> I think if your system hangs in shutdown it is hanging in "unmount". Often
> this is an unmount of a partition on a non-responding NFS host. Unmount
> should time out, I guess.

No, it's not. The rc script never gets run.
How do I know? I placed an 'echo' in the top.
It's true. The computer only runs that script if somebody's logged in.
(I don't have a true Debian system, I'm waiting for an ELF release to
come out. Yet I've upgraded many binaries, taken from Debian, and
recompiled a lot of them myself as well.)

Funny thing is, the computer used to boot OK with kernel 1.2.13, and
broke under 1.3.xx (don't remember when I upgraded, think it was about
1.3.30, when I got an IDE CD-ROM drive). But recently I can't C-A-D under
1.2.13 anymore as well...

	Niels