Re: 1.1 memory management issue ??

Martin Konold writes:
> Sorry I still do not get the point. Debian 1.1 never seemed to be slow to
> me compared to any other distribution. Of course any broken setup you
> might get by unstable/partial updates might slow down your machine to any
> degree. But this still means that contradictionary to the above statement
> 1.1 was not slow.

I was pointing out that someone had problems because it was a "partial"
update. I saw another gentleman who had kernel compilation problems. When he
found the source of his predicament (and posted a message), I checked the very
same source file and mine was fixed already. Difference being, I installed
from a stable distribution and he didn't. And yes, if you don't do an entire
upgrade, you stand a chance of having problems, kernel or otherwise. Based on
what you have posted so far, I take it that you are a thorough individual who
insures that he has an entire distribution and can't take a step backwards to
see the "big picture". My favorite phrase: one can't see the forest for the
trees being in your way.

--
-= Sent by Debian 1.2 Linux =-
Thomas Kocourek  KD4CIK