Re: rm -r/-R/--recursive doesn't seem to work

On Tue, 31 Dec 1996, Dale Scheetz wrote:

Hi Zwerg,

> I just built a distribution tree from a CD on my hard disk. I tried to
> remove all the TRANS.TBL files from the tree by using:
> rm -r TRANS.TBL

> Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug in rm?
> TIA,
> Dwarf

You missunderstodd the purpose of 'rm -r'

This command lets you recursively remove a directory structure
like 'rm -rf /home'.

Please have a look at
'man find'
'man rm'

After checking these man pages you might be enlighted. If you really
cannot figure it out yourself then pleas contact me directly. I will then
mail you the command line.

Yours,
 -- martin

// Martin Konold, Muenzgasse 7, 72070 Tuebingen, Germany  //
// Email: konold@tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de              //
       Linux - because reboots are for hardware upgrades
       -- Edwin Huffstutler <ehuff@sedona.intel.com> --

   Just go ahead and write your own multitasking multiuser os !
                 Worked for me all the times.
                     -- Linus Torvalds --