Re: Setting up Masquerading on Debian machines.

Remco van de Meent said:
> Yes, but what you want is masquerading the eth-iface using the ppp0-iface...
>
> So what I suggest is the following:
>
> ipfwadm -F -a masquerade -S 192.168.1.1 -D 0.0.0.0/0 -W ppp0

I believe the -W option should only be used for -I and -O rules. Forwarding by
definition occurs across (at least) two interfaces, so limiting it to one
interface using -W doesn't make sense. Also, don't forget that 'ping' won't
work :) (use traceroute or telnet).

--
Scott Barker
Linux Consultant

[ I try to reply to all e-mail within 3 days. If you don't   ]
[ get a response by then, I probably didn't get your e-mail. ]
[ Unsolicited commercial and junk e-mail will be proof-read for US$100 ]

"Benson, you are so free of the ravages of intelligence"
   - Time Bandits